Wednesday, November 05, 2008

2008 trip day 11 - Off to go to a mining town

First things first. I spent the morning wandering the streets of St George and the banks of the Balonne River before checking out of the motel.

st george

st george

st georgest georgest georgest georgest georgest george

st george

I then headed south.

2008-11-05 track by yewenyi

Again I stopped a few times on the way past.

st george

st georgest georgest georgest georgest georgest george

Castlereagh Highway

Castlereagh Highway

I had a rest break in Dirranbandi.

Dirranbandi

DirranbandiDirranbandiDirranbandiDirranbandiDirranbandiDirranbandi

In the afternoon, I arrived in Lightening Ridge. The people at the tourist information were very helpful and suggested a few places in my price range. Though I would later find that the actual things to see were mostly closed.

Lightning Ridge

Lightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning Ridge

Lightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning RidgeLightning Ridge

No comments: