Tuesday, November 04, 2008

2008 trip day 10 - Zooming Inland

Day 10 was a transport stage. I needed to get inland and get there quickly as I had spent more time in QLD than planned. So I departed from Kangaroo point and headed west.

2008-11-04 track

My plans for Toowomba did not work out as I had not really left enough time to organise anything so I ended up heading for Warwick. The first stop was just past Amberly Airbase where someone had left a couple of old canberra bombers.

English Electric Canberra

English Electric CanberraEnglish Electric CanberraEnglish Electric CanberraEnglish Electric CanberraEnglish Electric CanberraEnglish Electric Canberra

Continuing along the road, I took a break from driving by visiting a lookout.

Look out on the Roseville Warrill View Road

And then a stop at Aratula for brunch.

scrambled eggs

Then it was up the climb to the cunningham gap. Usually I have done this from the other direction. At the top I stopped and did the rainforest walk. As usual I was the first person and had to clear the spider webs. But about 3/4 of the way around I met three female park rangers who had kindly cleared the remainder of the path.

Main Range National Park

Main Range National ParkMain Range National ParkMain Range National ParkMain Range National ParkMain Range National ParkMain Range National Park

I stopped in some small town to have beef cannelloni for lunch. Though I cannot remember which one.

lunch

And then a couple of times along the road to take photos.

Cunningham Highway

Cunningham Highway

Before reaching St George to stay for the evening. The motel had wireless internet, but charged me $5 for unlimited usage. The woman at the motel was very helpful and suggested that I go to a local dam (the E.J. Beardmore Dam) to take some photos.

E.J. Beardmore Dam

E.J. Beardmore DamE.J. Beardmore DamE.J. Beardmore DamE.J. Beardmore DamE.J. Beardmore DamE.J. Beardmore Dam

Then I headed back into town for the sunset. But I was there a little too late.

st george

No comments: