Monday, October 06, 2008

A day at the Zoo

I had not seen Cath for a long time. Then I went to the National Folk Festival. I forgot my sleeping bag, so borrowed a blanket for the evening. The next day I headed into Belconnen mall to buy something for the next few days. While sitting there, sending a tweet to twitter, Cath walked up. Astounding really. So a little while later I stayed at their place. Then on the Labour day weekend they came to visit me. We headed off to the zoo.

We started the day by catching the train from Sydenham station to Circular Quay and then the ferry to Taronga Zoo Wharf.

Sydenham Station
Ferry from Circular Quay to Taronga ZooFerry from Circular Quay to Taronga ZooFerry from Circular Quay to Taronga ZooCircular QuayCircular QuayCircular Quay

We used the cable car to get to the top of the zoo and then wandered down, visiting the reptile show, live bird show and spider shows on the way back down

Taronga Zoo
Taronga ZooTaronga ZooTaronga ZooTaronga ZooTaronga ZooTaronga Zoo

And then at the end of the day we wandered around the Sydney Opera House.

At the Sydney Opera House
Sydney HarbourSydney HarbourAt the Sydney Opera HouseAt the Sydney Opera HouseAt the Sydney Opera HouseAt the Sydney Opera House

No comments: