Saturday, September 13, 2008

How to vote

Max ran for the Marrickville council and looks like he has won a seat. So I helped out by handing out how to vote cards. This is the first time I have had any involvement in an election to it was a new and novel experience. I had a good chat with the various people also handing out how to vote cards. It was very quite. All the people must have voted in the morning. When I voted I was the only voter in the booth.

One thing that did happen is that I went to the milk bar down the road and purchase an ice cream. When I came back I tried to take the shorter route, but in the interim, they had locked all the gates bar one. So I ended up having to back track and it took ages. At the end of the day there were just those of us handing out how to vote cards. The woman in charge came out and called out Polling booth is closing in 5 minutes in several different directions. She was unhappy that we laughed. Then at the end of the day she did the same but to say that it was closing. It was the funniest thing that happened all day.



Marrickville Primary SchoolMarrickville Primary SchoolMarrickville Primary SchoolMarrickville Primary SchoolMarrickville Primary SchoolMarrickville Primary School

No comments: