Tuesday, January 01, 2008

NYE 2007

Well, I had an opportunity to get a free ticket to stand on the Cahill expressway, but instead I decided to spend the evening at home and take photos from the balcony. I almost missed the 9:30 fireworks as they started at about 9:00. But luckily I managed to take some photos and then remembered to process the images before the midnight fireworks started. This was good because every single image was blurry or out of focus. They were even worse than my previous attempts. I had time to fix my settings and the photos of the main fireworks are my best so far. To take these shots I had to run the camera in manual mode as automatic mode always overexposes and I can only turn it down two stops. Initially I ran at about 1/4 of a second. Later I change this up to about 6 seconds and even later still I reduced it back to 2.5 seconds.

The panorama shots are best viewed in large version. Click on the image and then on the resulting page select all sizes.

"Fireworks in Darling Harbour" by yewenyi [?]
Fireworks in Darling Harbour
"splash" by yewenyi [?]
splash
"Fireworks over Enmore, Sydney" by yewenyi [?]
Fireworks over Enmore, Sydney

No comments: