Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sydney Photo Bloggers

The lift in Deus Ex MachinaWell I joined the Sydney photo bloggers some time ago and only after a false start did I actually make it to one of the meetings. We met in a cafe I drive past every day on my way to work. After an hour or so of coffee, chatting, food and photo taking a group of us headed off to wander the streets of newtown. The photo on the left is from the change rooms in the cafe, which is also a museum for motorcycles. I have lots of shots of front wheels which I will have to upload one day.

Cyclists preparing to cross Parramatta RoadWaiting paitentlyThis is outside the front of the cafe. We had to wait for some people to get bits and pieces from their cars before heading off. An occupational hazard for those near a group of photographers is that they have to have their photos taken, looks like a collingwood jumper to me.

A shop for collectorsWandering down through Newtown we went into the antiques shop. I was never interested in antiques before, but i have been watching the collectors show on the ABC and have developed an interest. I resisted the temptation to buy a painting.

Beer GardenBy now the group had whittled down to a small number. We stopped in pub and had more food and beer this time.

No comments: