Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Here are some of the things Chris has done so far (over three meetings up till jan 2008):
- said that I would not want to be unhappy like those goths. I happen to like goths and some of my favorite people in Melbourne are goths.
- said that now that he was here at the meeting, he will send his mates around to my house. (to do some unspecified and probably nasty things).
- said that he had come to the meeting only because he knew I would be there.
- tired to work out what my email messages to my self were about, when I was sending messages about dishwashers.
- that nobody in Sydney likes people who generously offer to pay for something like a meal. This shows just how much of an anti-chinese culture racist some people can be.
- that he used to work for the police force. he once parked the police bus outside a brothel while he went to get a kebab and how that was a mistake because some (I think bigoted) people would think that he went into the brothel.
- that he was working on a advertising scheme where he would place TV's in high traffic zones. But I was left with the implication that there would be the ability to record video surveillance in these units.
- Apparently some adds for dogs on local notice boards, really are adds for dogs.
- he made a weird statement about not liking road kill.
Steal From a Motor Vehicle
Westmead does not appear in the top 15 in the state for any of these. Also, this is Marrickville LGA. I need to see if I can get a finer break down. For instance in Holroyd Westmead is also not in the to 5 and the top 5 count for 80% off all the crime.
Here is another page.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Sunday, July 22, 2007
For example Da4 in mandarin is: 大. In Japanese Chinese it is Dai as in Daimaru the big circle department store and in Japanese it is O as in Osaka. Interestingly in the south of China in the mountains behind Kunming there is a minority called the Dai People (Big People).
If only I had know this I could have done what I did in Korea which is to focus on working out which words I already knew through transliteration and ramped up my vocabulary much more quickly.
Back at lunch they said - well you never asked!
"billy mamiya" by james m [?]
"bones" by yewenyi [?]
Saturday, July 21, 2007
"drying the wings" by yewenyi [?]
"take a seat" by james m [?]
Thursday, July 19, 2007
"bangers and mash" by james m [?]
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
P.S. The album continues in the tradition of really good stuff from this band. Great music and better lyrics.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Friday, July 06, 2007
"condiments" by yewenyi [?]
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
For the first time in years, the diastolic pressure is below 100 at 98. Still way to high, but heading in the right direction and certainly better than in the 140's. So at the moment it is 130/98 which is still way above 120/80 which is the recommended maximum pressure.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
- Log into a free web site (I am currently using domain).
- do a query, they are slowly getting more complex.
- sift through the query one item at a time to find the ones that are open for public inspection.
- use google maps to determine the distance from town and paddington from all of these suburbs I have never heard of.
- if the place is open and close enough, add it to my handwritten page of places to look at.